Accreditation + State Authorization
Institutional + Program Accreditations
Oak Point University has the following accreditations and approvals:
- Oak Point University is approved by the Illinois Board of Higher Education for degree-granting and operating authority.
- The Bachelor of Science in Nursing is approved by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation, 888-473-4858, 320 West Washington Street, 3rd Floor, Springfield, IL 62786, idfpr.com.
The Bachelor of Science in Imaging Technology program is accredited by the
Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology
20 North Wacker Drive, Suite 2850
Chicago, IL 60606-3182
Oak Point University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. In addition to comprehensive, university-wide accreditation, many of Oak Point’s individual academic units and programs fall under the purview of specialized program accreditors.
State and federal laws require colleges and universities to be authorized to offer online degree programs and courses to out-of-state students. The state of Illinois is a member of the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA), and Oak Point University is an approved NC-SARA institution. NC-SARA is intended to ease the workload of institutions seeking authorization to deliver online programs in other states. The goal of NC-SARA is to “establish comparable national standards for the interstate offering of postsecondary distance education courses and programs.” NC-SARA allows easier access to online programs for out-of-state students.
NC-SARA Member States and Territories
As of August 2017, 49 states (excluding California), the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands are participating in NC-SARA. As a result, Oak Point is able to deliver distance education offerings to residents within participating states and territories.
Licensure Information: Currently, no online program at Oak Point University includes licensure.
- Undergraduate Level
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (offering initial Illinois nursing licensure) is an in-person, face-to-face program. There are no online options. Students enrolled in our face-to-face BSN programs are eligible to test for licensure in all 50 states.
- Bachelor of Science in Imaging Technology (offering initial Illinois AART licensure) is an in-person, face-to-face program. There are no online options. Students enrolled in our face-to-face, and BSIT program are eligible to test for licensure in all 50 states.
- Graduate Level
- Master of Science in Nursing program tracks (Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontology Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner, and Nurse Educator) are hybrid only and require in-person class and lab meetings. There are no entirely online options.
- Master of Science in Nursing program tracks (Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner) is entirely online.
- Our Doctor of Nursing Practice is entirely online and offers no licensure.
Regarding our Master and Doctorate Programs: A continuous thorough review of each individual state’s requirements is currently being performed with an evaluation of each of our graduate programs. If the graduate program you are considering requires a professional license in a state other than Illinois, we strongly encourage you to reach out to the appropriate licensing agency in your home state before enrolling in an academic program outside of your home state. As continued review occurs, a detailed list will be posted regarding whether Oak Point University’s graduate programs meet criteria for licensing in each of the 49 states that participate in NC-SARA.
Note to Prospective Students: While Oak Point University has done its best due diligence in identifying which of its programs meet out-of-state licensure/certification requirements, students who plan to enroll in a program of study intending to obtain licensure/certification and/or seek employment in a state outside of Illinois should contact the licensing agency in the state they plan to seek employment directly in order to verify that the college’s program meets that state’s licensing/certification requirements before they enroll in their program at Oak Point University.
State-by-State Licensure and Complaint Information
NC-SARA: How to File a SARA Student Complaint
AThis program meets licensure or certification requirements for this state.
BThis program does not meet licensure or certification requirements for this state.
COak Point University has not yet determined if this program meets licensure or certification requirements for this state.
Ready to Get Started?
We get it. Applying to school is a big deal. We're here to help!