The recipient of the Oak Point 2018 Daisy Award for Extraordinary Nursing Faculty is Instructor Desiree’ Hilborn, MSN, RN, CNE. The University received over 30 nominations for 10 Faculty members in the College of Nursing this year. The Faculty Affairs committee in partnership with the President’s Cabinet made their selection and presented the award to Desiree during the University Days events in September. Specific criteria for the Daisy Faculty Award include but are not limited to:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Serves as a role model of professional nursing
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for teaching, learning, and nursing that inspires and motivates students
- Develops collaborative working relationships with students and colleagues
- Demonstrates interest in and respect for learners
- Is fair and unbiased in his/her treatment of individual students.
- Uses personal attributes (e.g., caring, confidence, patience, integrity and flexibility) that facilitate learning
Nominees included: Debbie Allen, Reem Azhari, Katie Deering, Julie Duff, Ron Guidizi, Ricki Loar, Melissa Murphey, Crandall Ross, and Karla Smith.
Learn more about the Daisy Faculty Award, an international award recognition program from the Daisy Award Foundation.
Congratulations to Desiree’ Hilborn on this amazing recognition!
Share This Article
If you like this article share it with your friends.