Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Model an ethical framework for healthcare practice.
- Initiate critical thinking for the highest level of advanced nursing practice and accountability in the management of healthcare.
- Practice in an inter-professional manner for modeling collaborative healthcare.
- Lead teams with effective professional behaviors within advanced nursing practice.
- Interpret the determinants of health and their application to healthcare in urban settings.
- Integrate clinical expertise for healthcare practice on multiple platforms.
- Incorporate emerging healthcare technologies and innovation across healthcare settings.
- Disseminate newly created, quality scholarship to support evidence-based nursing practice.
|NRG 7101 // Foundations for Advanced Clinical Scholarship||3|
|NRG 7103 // Urban Health||3|
|NRG 7105 // DNP Practicum Independent Study (as needed)||0|
|NRG 7202 // Informatics||2|
|NRG 7203 // Epidemiology and Biostatistics||3|
|NRG 7204 // DNP Project I||0.5|
|NRG 7205 // DNP Practicum I||0.5|
|NRG 7302 // Population Health||2|
|NRG 7303 // Leadership, Economics, and Finance||3|
|NRG 7304 // DNP Project II||1|
|NRG 7401 // Nursing Policy, Regulation, and Public Protection||3|
|NRG 7404 // DNP Project III||1|
|NRG 7502 // Healthcare Innovations||1.5|
|NRG 7503 // Ethical Dimensions of the DNP Role||3|
|NRG 7504 // DNP Project IV||0.5|
|NRG 7505 // DNP Practicum II||1|
|NRG 7602 // Professional Communication||2|
|NRG 7604 // DNP Project V||0.5|
|NRG 7605 // DNP Practicum III||1.5|
A Quantitative Study on Essential Oils Versus Opioids in the Management of Physical Pain Utilizing the Harich Comparative Pain Scale
Christopher Galloway, DNP 2019
Instilling Resiliency to Reduce Burnout and Compassion Fatigue Among Registered Nurses
James Kerridge, DNP 2020
A Quantitative Study on the Efficacy of a Condensed Introduction to the 12-Step Program in the Prevention of Poly-Drug Addiction in a Primary Care Setting
Katherine Skurski, DNP 2021
Building Resilience and Competence in Adjunct Faculty through
Carolina Peña, DNP 2022
Graduates of Our DNP Program Work as:
- Department Chairs
- Hospital Administrators
- Primary Care Leads
- Independent Practice Owners