Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Use an ethical framework to guide the integration of nursing science, evidence-based practice, and population health to inform practice.
- Demonstrate critical thinking at the highest level of practice and accountability in the management of healthcare, considering ethical, legal, cultural, and socially just patient-centered care.
- Institute a role within the healthcare delivery system that provides for interprofessional collaboration, interdependence, and a professional identity as an advanced nursing professional with specialized knowledge.
- Lead interprofessional teams by initiating and maintaining effective working relationships using mutually respectful communication and collaboration.
- Serve in the role of patient health care coordinator/facilitator across health determinants and health care settings with an emphasis on urban/regulatory environments.
- Integrate clinical expertise with political skills, systems thinking, and business insight to transform the evolving healthcare system at local, regional, national, and international levels.
- Incorporate processes that support technology-enhanced and data-based health care across populations and systems.
|NRG 7101 // Foundations for Advanced Clinical Scholarship||3|
|NRG 7103 // Urban Health||3|
|NRG 7105 // DNP Practicum Independent Study (as needed)||0|
|NRG 7202 // Informatics||2|
|NRG 7203 // Epidemiology and Biostatistics||3|
|NRG 7204 // DNP Project||0.5|
|NRG 7205 // DNP Practicum I||0.5|
|NRG 7302 // Population Health||2|
|NRG 7303 // Leadership, Economics, and Finance||3|
|NRG 7304 // DNP Project II)||1|
|NRG 7401 // Nursing Policy, Regulation, and Public Protection||3|
|NRG 7404 // DNP Project III||1|
|NRG 7502 // Healthcare Innovations||1.5|
|NRG 7503 // Ethical Dimensions of the DNP Role||3|
|NRG 7504 // DNP Project IV||0.5|
|NRG 7505 // DNP Practicum II||1|
|NRG 7604 // DNP Project V||2|
|NRG 7502 // Healthcare Innovations||0.5|
|NRG 7605 // DNP Practicum III||1.5|
A Quantitative Study on Essential Oils Verses Opioids in the Management of Physical Pain Utilizing the Harich Comparative Pain Scale
Christopher Galloway, DNP 2019
Instilling Resiliency to Reduce Burnout and Compassion Fatigue Among Registered Nurses
James Kerridge, DNP 2020
A Quantitative Study on the Efficacy of a Condensed Introduction to the 12-Step Program in the Prevention of Poly-Drug Addiction in a Primary Care Setting
Katherine Skurski, DNP 2021
Building Resilience and Competence in Adjunct Faculty through
Carolina Peña, DNP 2022
Graduates of Our DNP Program Work as:
- Department Chairs
- Hospital Administrators
- Primary Care Leads
- Independent Practice Owners