Power Forward >> Take Your Career to the Next Level
The Graduate Nursing Programs at Oak Point University combine the challenge of strong academics with an experienced faculty whose goal is to bring out your full potential in a nurturing environment.
We offer majors that are tied to real-world career paths and an educational experience that is recognized and respected by healthcare leaders.
As a student of one of our Graduate Nursing Programs, you’ll be prepared for an in-demand career as an advanced generalist or specialist who will care for patients throughout the full spectrum of the healthcare delivery settings and across various stages of health and wellness.
Since 1914, Oak Point University has prepared students for successful careers as nurses and nursing leaders. When you earn your MSN, post-master certificate, or DNP at Oak Point you join a family that is as passionate and committed to nursing excellence as you are and continue a proud tradition of nursing education excellence that dates back more than a century.
Life’s Been Hard;
Taking Care of Your Needs Shouldn’t Be
Over the past two years, we’ve seen nurses like you put your career growth aside to focus on serving patients in need, and we can’t thank you enough.
Although your career trajectory may have changed, we know your destination hasn’t. It’s time to get back on track and power forward towards the graduate education that’s been waiting for you.
We have refined our program offerings with your wellbeing in mind—from financial planning to mental health to professional guidance. We invite you to PowerForward and focus on your needs in 2022.
PowerForward with Oak Point In 2022
- New, flat-rate pricing*
- MSN – $32,000
- Post-Master Certificate – $15,000
- DNP – $24,000
- LifeXT by Mindful — Your personalized path for building resilience, reframing situations, and improving focus.
- Faculty Mentors — Individualized academic and career counseling.
- Clinical Placement Assistance – Leverage your existing network or work with us to find clinical placement
- 100% Online Coursework — Flexibility for today’s learners’ busy lifestyles
Enroll by December 17 // Classes start January 10
* Flat-rate pricing is for 2022 admission dates and will not be applied retroactively; pricing includes all fees for the enrolled degree program; repeating a course (e.g., due to failure, withdrawal, etc.) will result in additional charges calculated using the effective credit hour price (i.e., flat rate divided by program credit hours), and the credit hours associated with the respective course being retaken; no additional discounts may be applied except for alumni preferential pricing.
Join Us // PowerForward Info Hours
PowerForward Lunch + Learn
Wednesday, December 1 // 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
PowerForward Coffee Connect
Thursday, December 2 // 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
PowerForward After-Work Roundtable
Thursday, December 2 // 7:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Events hosted by:
- Melissa Murphey, DNP, NP-C
Assistant Dean, Graduate Programs in the College of Nursing;
Associate Professor, College of Nursing
- Vickie Thornley, EDd
Director of Development & Alumni Relations
Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) Degrees + Post-Master Certificates
Oak Point University offers graduate nursing majors of:
Combine your clinical acumen and expertise in healthcare to mentor and teach the next generation of nurses. As a Nurse Educator, you’ll work in the classroom and in the practice setting to prepare nursing curricula, create lesson plans, and instruct, encourage, and inspire future nurses.
Nurse Educator is offered as an:
Now is the time to make your move. Yes, that move. The one you’ve been considering for a while. Nurse practitioners are in demand, and the opportunities are seemingly limitless.
Oak Point University offers four nurse practitioner concentrations, two with post-master certificate options:
- Family (FNP)
- Adult-Gerontology (AGNP)
Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
Doctor of Nursing Practice
With a focus on Urban Health/Policy, our students can focus their projects on vulnerable populations and advocate for policy changes at the state and national levels.
Oak Point University faculty are leading experts in the fields of health policy, research, epidemiology, ethics, and more. Our DNP program features personal attention from our professors, who help guide students through their doctoral projects — from generating ideas through publication.