Doctor of Nursing Practice
Designed for the Working Professional Ready to Lead Healthcare into the Future
If you want to earn your doctorate degree, this is your opportunity. The DNP program at Oak Point is specifically designed for the working professional. The program is completely online so you don’t have to give up your career to advance in the profession. Like all of our programs, our DNP program features true personal attention from faculty who are leading experts in the fields of health policy, research, epidemiology, ethics, and more. We even assign a professor to each student to help guide them through their doctorate project – from generating an idea through publication. The DNP program at Oak Point University. You’re ready to lead. We’re ready to help make it happen.
Program outcomes for the Doctor of Nursing Practice Major
- Use an ethical framework to guide the integration of nursing science, evidence based practice, and population health to inform practice.
- Demonstrate critical thinking at the highest level of practice and accountability in the management of healthcare considering ethical, legal, cultural, and socially just patient-centered care.
- Institute a role within the healthcare delivery system that provides for interprofessional collaboration, interdependence, and a professional identity as an advanced nursing professional with specialized knowledge.
- Lead interprofessional teams by initiating and maintaining effective working relationships using mutually respectful communication and collaboration.
- Serve in the role of patient healthcare coordinator across health determinants and healthcare settings with an emphasis on urban environments.
- Integrate clinical expertise with political skills, systems thinking and business insight to transform the evolving healthcare system at local, regional, national, and international levels.