RN to MSN
Admission Criteria for the RN to MSN Program
• Must be a graduate of a NLNAC/ACEN accredited IDFPR approved nursing program
• Must hold a current and unencumbered Illinois nursing license or have an unencumbered license from the state in which the student resides (for online BSN students)
• Must have a cumulative, undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 on a 4.00 scale (students must maintain a 3.00 GPA while enrolled in the BSN program in order to matriculate into the MSN program)
• Must have a cumulative science grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 on a 4.00 scale (calculated from Chemistry, Microbiology, Human Anatomy and Physiology I and II)
• Must have a cumulative nursing grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 on a 4.00 scale
We want you to succeed, and will honor your past achievements. Everyone’s journey is different, but we’re here to help you reach your destination in a way that works best for you. Using a holistic approach, Oak Point works with you by offering personalized, individualized plans that take into account your educational background, as well as your work experience and life experience.
As an upper-division transfer school, nurses will need to transfer in approximately 99 undergraduate semester credits to Oak Point in areas such as General Education, Pre-Nursing Support, and Nursing. We highly recommend completing a transcript evaluation in order to understand the classes that would transfer and the classes still needed. I need a transcript evaluation.
RN to MSN Application Requirements
• Submit an online application and fee ($50 nonrefundable)
• Submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
• Submit a copy of your current Illinois Nursing License or unencumbered license from the state in which you reside (if you plan to enroll in the online BSN program)
• Submit a current resume or curriculum vitae
Start Dates and Application Deadlines
The RN to MSN program starts in the Fall and Spring semesters each year.
• Fall application deadline is July 15th
• Spring application deadline is November 15th
RN to MSN FAQs
If you don’t see your question answered here please contact us and we’ll gladly assist you.