Bachelor of Nursing Science (BSN)
Admission Criteria — Bachelor of Science in Nursing Pre-licensure Program
Students who have completed all general education requirements and nursing support courses may apply for the bachelor’s degree in Nursing. An applicant will be considered for admission into the pre-licensure nursing program if the following criteria are met:
- Earned a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.75 on a 4.00 scale
- Earned a minimum cumulative science grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 (in Anatomy and Physiology I and II, General Chemistry, and Microbiology)
- Successfully complete the ATI – Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) exam with a comprehensive score of 68% or better, and with sub-scores in Math, Science, and Reading of 68% or better.
- Held in good standing at previous colleges and universities attended
All BSN Pre-Licensure Applicants are required to take the TEAS Exam
The Test of the Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) helps determine if you’re ready to pursue your Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing. The TEAS exam tests basic essential skills in the academic content areas of reading, mathematics, and science as well as English and language usage. The objective assessed on the TEAS exam are those which nurse educators deemed most appropriate and relevant to measure entry-level academic readiness of nursing program applicants.
Registering for the TEAS Exam
The TEAS Exam is offered at Oak Point University on select dates. Students can register for the exam by filling out an online application and paying the application fee. Read more about the TEAS Exam and TEAS exam dates offered at Oak Point.
BSN Pre-Licensure Application Requirements
- Submit a completed online application
- Submit the required application fee
- Submit ATI-TEAS score(s)
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
Once accepted into the University, a student’s file must be completed before the start of classes and includes the following:
- Enrollment Fee
- Satisfactory completion of criminal background check
- Satisfactory completion of Drug Screening Test
- Proof of Completion of all required health documentation
- Complete clinical compliance documentation
Start Terms and Application Submissions
The BSN program starts in the fall, spring, and summer semesters each year.
- Summer 2022 semester:
Semester start date is May 9; applications are taken until all seats are filled.
- Fall 2022 semester:
Semester start date is September 6; applications are taken until all seats are filled.
- Spring 2023 semester:
Semester start date is January 9, 2023; applications are taken until all seats are filled.
Prerequisites General Education and Pre-Nursing Courses
|Social and Behavioral Sciences*||9|
|Humanities and Fine Arts||9|
|Physical and Life Sciences||7|
|General Chemistry (with Lab)*||4|
|Human Anatomy and Physiology I (with Lab)*||4|
|Human Anatomy and Physiology II (with Lab)*||4|
|Microbiology (with Lab)*||4|
*Please note that all college math courses and the sciences courses must have been completed no more than five years prior to your intended semester of enrollment. Physical and Life Sciences must include one course from each area. A course from Physical Sciences or Life Sciences must have a Lab (L) designation. General education physical and life sciences, college math, and social and behavioral sciences credits that have been fulfilled by nursing support coursework may be substituted with general elective coursework.
Create your My Oak Point Page and learn more
To create your My Oak Point Page, simply complete our Inquiry Form. This will allow you to:
- Learn more detailed information about the BSN Pre-Licensure Program
- Set up an appointment with an admissions counselor
- Start you application process
- Register for TEAS Exam and upcoming Oak Point events
- Explore different financial aid options