Bachelor of Nursing Science (BSN)
Admission Criteria — Bachelor of Science in Nursing Pre-licensure Program
Students who have completed all general education requirements and nursing support prerequisite courses may apply for the bachelor’s degree in nursing.
An applicant will be considered for admission into the nursing program if the following criteria are met:
- Earned a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.75 on a 4.00 scale
- Earned a minimum cumulative science grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 (in Anatomy and Physiology I and II, General Chemistry, and Microbiology)
- Successfully completed the ATI TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills) exam with a comprehensive score of 68% or better, and with sub-scores in Math, Science, and Reading of 68% or better
- Held in good standing at previous colleges and universities attended
Prerequisite General Education and Pre-Nursing Courses
All general education and pre-nursing courses must be completed before starting the BSN program. Check our Transfer Evaluation System to see which courses will transfer to Oak Point.Read More
|Social and Behavioral Sciences*||9|
|Humanities and Fine Arts||9|
|Physical and Life Sciences||7|
|General Chemistry (with Lab)*||4|
|Human Anatomy and Physiology I (with Lab)*||4|
|Human Anatomy and Physiology II (with Lab)*||4|
|Microbiology (with Lab)*||4|
*Please note that all college math courses and the sciences courses must have been completed no more than five years prior to your intended semester of enrollment. Physical and Life Sciences must include one course from each area. A course from Physical Sciences or Life Sciences must have a Lab (L) designation. General education physical and life sciences, college math, and social and behavioral sciences credits that have been fulfilled by nursing support coursework may be substituted with general elective coursework.
- Submit a completed online application
- Submit the required application fee
- Submit ATI TEAS score(s)
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
The ATI TEAS Exam
The ATI TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills) exam helps determine if you’re ready to pursue your bachelor’s degree in nursing. The TEAS exam tests essential skills in reading, mathematics, and science as well as English and language usage. The objectives assessed on the TEAS exam are those that nurse educators deemed most appropriate and relevant to measure the entry-level academic readiness of nursing program applicants.
Registering for the ATI TEAS Exam
The ATI TEAS exam is offered at Oak Point University on select dates. Students can register for the exam by filling out an online application and paying the application fee. Read more about the TEAS Exam and TEAS exam dates offered at Oak Point.
Once accepted into the University, a student’s file must be completed before the start of classes and includes the following:
- Enrollment Fee
- Satisfactory completion of criminal background check
- Satisfactory completion of Drug Screening Test
- Proof of Completion of all required health documentation
- Complete clinical compliance documentation
Start Terms and Application Submissions
The BSN program starts in the fall, spring, and summer semesters each year.
- Spring 2023 Semester
Semester start date is January 9; applications are taken until all seats are filled.
- Summer 2023 Semester
Semester start date is May 8; applications are taken until all seats are filled.
- Fall 2023 Semester
Semester start date is September 5; applications are taken until all seats are filled.
- Spring 2024 Semester
Semester start date is January 8, 2024; applications are taken until all seats are filled.
Create Your MyOakPoint Page and Learn More
Create your MyOakPoint page to:
- Learn more detailed information about our BSN program
- Set up an appointment with an admissions counselor
- Start your application process
- Register for the ATI TEAS Exam and upcoming Oak Point events
- Explore financial aid options