Saint Francis School of Radiography – BSIT
Admission Criteria for the Bachelor of Science in Imaging Technology (BSIT)
BSIT Admission Criteria
- A minimum cumulative undergraduate college grade point average (GPA) of 2.00 on a 4.0 scale
- A minimum TEAS Exam score of 60% and a minimum Science sub-score of 60%
- Must be in good standing with all prior colleges and universities attended
*Math and Science must be achieved with a Final Course Grade of a “C” or better, within the last five calendar years.
We want you to succeed, and will honor your past achievements. Everyone’s journey is different, but we’re here to help you reach your destination in a way that works best for you. Using a holistic approach, Oak Point works with you by offering personalized, individualized plans that take into account your educational background, as well as your work experience and life experience.
Bachelor of Science in Imaging Technology (BSIT) program at Oak Point University
All BSIT Applicants are required to successfully pass the TEAS Exam
To be considered for admission into the Bachelor of Science in Imaging Technology (BSIT) Program at Oak Point, you must complete the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) exam and receive a score of 60% or higher and a minimum Science sub-score of 60%.
Your score must be submitted and on file by the application deadline of the semester applied for.
Registering for the TEAS Exam
The TEAS Exam is offered at Oak Point University on select dates. Students can register for the exam by filling out an online application and paying the application fee. For questions regarding the TEAS Exam, please contact Mallory Martin, Student Development & Disability Services Coordinator, 773.252.5304 or firstname.lastname@example.org
BSIT Application Requirements
- Submit an online application and fee ($50 nonrefundable)
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- TEAS Exam score on file (must be taken and on file by the deadline for the semester applied for)
We highly recommend completing a transcript evaluation prior to applying in order to understand the classes that would transfer and the classes still needed. I need a transcript evaluation!
The BSIT program starts in the Fall and Spring semesters.
- We accept applications on a rolling basis until all seats are filled. *Due to clinical placement, health documentation must be completed three weeks prior to the start of the term.
This section was designed to answer the most frequently asked questions about the BSIT program.Read More
Prerequisites General Education and Radiography Courses
|English Composition I & II||6|
|Social Science Electives||6|
|Physical Science||3 or 4*|
|Life Science||3 or 4*|
|Anatomy & Physiology I||4**|
|Growth and Development/Lifespan||3|
|College Algebra (or higher)||3**|
* One lab is required between the physical science and the life science courses
** completed within the last five years
Create Your My Oak Point Page and Learn More
Are you ready for more detailed information on the BSIT program? Please fill out our Inquiry Form to create your My Oak Point Page.
Your view book allows you to:
- Learn more detailed information about the BSIT program
- Set up an appointment with an admissions counselor
- Start the application process
- Fill out an application
- Register for the TEAS Exam and upcoming Oak Point events
- Explore different financial aid options