Move Forward with Oak Point
Since 1914, Oak Point University (formerly known as Resurrection University) has been educating healthcare graduates of the College Nursing and St. Francis School of Radiography for success. Whether starting a new career or advancing to the next level, we offer convenient options for today’s learners taught by experienced, accessible, and supportive faculty that integrates personal and professional growth, compassionate service, and scholarly activities.
We are proud to now offer two campuses to bring world-class healthcare education to students.
- Our Chicago Campus is located in the Wicker Park neighborhood and resides in Ascension Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center Chicago.
- Our second campus is located in Oak Brook and opened in the fall of 2021.
The University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of North Central Association and holds programmatic from:
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) for our BSN, MSN, and DNP programs accreditation for nursing programs,
- Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) accreditation for the bachelor’s in radiography program.
Our professors are highly experienced healthcare professionals who teach students real-world experiences while also serving as mentors who encourage students to grow. Students enjoy an atmosphere of warmth and personal attention while also benefiting from studying with faculty committed to academic excellence.
Oak Point University highly values the unique knowledge, skills, and talents each employee contributes to our learning community. We maintain a diverse collegial environment where everyone plays a vital role in sustaining a dynamic learning community. Professional service is emphasized at the student and employee levels.
2020 GREAT COLLEGES TO WORK FOR
Oak Point was named one of only 79 Great Colleges to Work For® in the following categories:
Compensation & Benefits
Professional/Career Development Programs
ABOUT OAK POINT UNIVERSITY
Oak Point University exclusively uses an upper-division program design, which means the classrooms are a lively blend of students who transfer in with liberal arts, general education, and prerequisite courses from a variety of institutions. Once admitted, students focus on the health science career of their choice. The University awards baccalaureate degrees in nursing and imaging technology. The University also awards graduate degrees in multiple nursing concentrations as well as a Doctorate of Nursing Practice.
- Oak Point University is committed to developing individuals into knowledgeable, self-directed, responsive, and caring persons. As part of our team, you will help change lives by educating our students, supporting them as they navigate through their experiences, or helping to shape our environment in ways that inspire our students and each other to achieve and grow.
- The University offers state-of-the-art campuses with vast simulation centers, modern classrooms, large computer labs, and attractive spaces for socializing, learning, teaching, and working. In addition, thanks to the generosity of our distinguished alumni and gracious donors, we are constantly researching and investing in ways to enhance the student experience.
- Our Chicago campus is nestled within the trendy Wicker Park neighborhood, in the heart of the city and easily accessible by public transportation, expressway, and major city thoroughfares. If driving, employees and students have access to free parking in our parking garage across the street from campus.
- Our new Oak Brook Campus is conveniently located about 19 miles west of the Chicago Loop and is easily accessible from Interstates 294, 88, and 290. The strategic location at York and 22nd Street enables service by Pace bus routes.
- Oak Point University offers competitive pay based on in-depth market analysis and industry benchmarking.
Oak Point University offers an excellent benefits package for most part-time and full-time positions, including:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability (at no charge to the employee)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Retirement savings plan, including employer contribution and matching
Oak Point University understands the importance of a healthy work-life balance and how it affects the well-being of individuals, families, and communities. We offer the following:
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Extended Illness Bank
Oak Point University invests in our employee’s futures by providing opportunities to assist and reward them for educational accomplishments, including:
- Education Assistance Program / Tuition Reimbursement
- Terminal Degree Compensation Program
- Professional Certification Bonus