Celebrating a new name, a new visual identity, and a new campus, guests joined us at our new Oak Brook campus for a ribbon-cutting, reception, and tours of our second state-of-art-facility. Our main campus in Chicago features similar technology and is located in the heart of bustling Wicker Park.
The ribbon-cutting ceremony was held outside under a twin-peaked white tent and featured speeches by:
- Latham Williams, JD, MA — Board President, Oak Point University
- Therese Scanlan, EdD — President, Oak Point University
- Gopal Lalmalani, MD — President, Oak Brook Village
- Jim Krueger — Chief of Police
- David Carlin — President and CEO, Greater Oak Brook Chamber of Commerce
- Mauricio Pineda — 2015 alumnus and President of the Alumni Association
- John Murphy — Murphy Development
Guests entered our spacious lobby area for the reception. Guided and self-guided tours of the facility were offered that included introductions to the hands-on simulation environments and equipment used to teach at Oak Point including an Anatomage 3D virtual dissection table and patient simulators such as our newest SimMan 3G Plus. The tour also highlighted rooms and student areas named to honor our past such as West Suburban Commons.